Theres this list going around on buzzfeed that apparently showcases 20 memories about going to JMU…however…I’m too old for about half of them. So, in the spirit of things (cuz we JMU kids gots spirit), i’m making my OWN list to represent JMU as I remember it…
20. Still facebook friends with my FROG? Yea sure, but how bout the fact that I still rock my FROG shirt in real life…while changing my kids diaper…thats dedication.
19. Ehall vs.Dhall? Wait…whats EHall…the only option we had was Festival where you would wait in line 20 minutes for junky sitr fry and think it was ammmmmmazeeeeballllsssss #gimmethosebabycorns
18. Walking across the ISAT bridge when its either A. raining or B. Windy as Flip deserves a medal.
17. When on your orientation tour you fantasized about hanging out at Taylor Down Under like the kids from Save By the Bells the College Years… #javacitysayheyyyyyyy
16. Darts and Pats, I didn’t read them to see if mine made the cut, I read them to see if I knew the person who wrote it! #thankggodwedidntpublishasterflashrightgirls
15. Beating VA Tech WAS awesome, but so was being National Champions after years of going to football for the marching band. #GODUKES #ilovetubas
14. You remember when our stadium was no bigger than a high school stadium and it was STILL AWESOME. #whatsajumbotron
13. The weekly walk back from parking your car in narnia because parking behind your DORM was apparently the devils work….#stupid
12. Eating mashed potatoes at breakfast on weekends…because YOU COULD.
11. Standing in a giant mob of school spirit to attempt to catch a flying “i bleed purple” shirt” before they made the process more “civilized”
10. Mr. J’s in sunglasses, hoodies, and a slight decrease in self assurance….every week.
9. Having free wings and chips and salsa at the chilis happy hour in harrisonburg…this happens no where else….God Save the Wings.
8. Daves was still open and we kept it in business. I blame you younger kids for not appreciating fine dining and quality wait staff (ok thats a lie, but its an institution where $2 pitchers existed and now…IT DOESNT).
7. Seeing a guy run through campus in a bunny costume was just the average Wednesday morning…
(I have no pictures of these…that rabbit is fast…but it happened.)
6. If you saw a tour on campus, you went out of your way to say Hi and scream “COME HERE IT’S PERFECT”…scaring them all to go to Tech.
5. Any day warmer than 50 degrees and you are ON the QUAD eating your take away sushi from Dukes…you might even see a puppy…and that would be the tits.
4. Finding a seat for more than one person at Mrs. Greens during pledge time required dedication and hawk eyes. Success meant an extra rice krispy treat…#freshman30
3. Seeing anyone with a JMU sticker or tshirt on instantly makes you kindred spirits. Oh you want to merge? GO ahead fellow Duke!
2. Purple Jac Cards? Gold JAC Cards? GIMME THE PAW PRINT JAC CARD SO I CAN PROVE HOW OLD I AM. #represent
1.5. Oh and losing any version of your jac card, buying a new one, and finding it the next day….INFURIATING.
1. Ok yea, it’s awesome. It’s special. It’s beautiful. It’s JMU.