It’s not the food.
It’s not the big tables of family (sorry family…I still love ya)
It’s not the sound of clacking dishes after the glutton fest has commenced.
It’s not the turkeys, football, sweaters, leaves… no
It’s none of that.
It’s the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Try and fight me on this and I’ll come at you like a spider monkey.
This year’s line up is good, with room for improvement. Filled with Broadway goodies for blocks and blocks. One day… I will be there…sitting in Harold Square watching it live…not sure how I’ll make that happen… but it will. If I had a bucket list, it would be near the top…at least top 10…probably at 7 if I were to make a ball park guess.
Whose on deck for this year? Why let me tell you…
1. Daniel Radcliffe and the Cast of How to Succeed…I’m sure they’ll be doing Brotherhood of Man… but if they wanted to do Grand Old Ivy with the football for turkey day…that’d be swell. Loveeeeeeee.
2. Sister Act…I’m calling Raise your Voice…even though Patina struggles with this…all the time…it’s still fun to see a bunch of Nuns dancing in the street.
3. Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark… I’ll take a bathroom break for this one
4. Priscilla Queen of the Dessert
6. Muppets, and Power Rangers galore.
Many more “mouth moving” singers thats for sure, but still, it’ll be great! Was Anything Goes busy?? Cuz…you’d think they’d try and capitalize on the two top Tony Winners for Best Musical and Revival…Is showing Mormons on Thanksgiving not kosher?? I could use some Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad right before my festive feast…No previews of say Evita…or Nice Work If You Can Get It…? How do I get the job of booking these acts for Macy’s? That screams dream job.
Either way, it doesn’t matter who performs, I love the parade. Barbara Streisand in Hello Dolly sings it best… Before the Parade Passes By…. Dont miss it.